Sunday, January 22, 2012

It's not easy being, yellow?

Ok, so for some reason, my lovely child has decided to boycott all foods yellow. That's right. Pineapple, no thanks. Bananas, nein. Mango, corn...all a big fat negative. Or is it? She has begun saying no for everything. Mackenzie, do you want some strawberries? NO! Do you want to go outside? NO! Do you want to read a book, watch TV, have a pizza, go for a stroller, (insert favorite activity here). NO! Do you want a new toy? Wait a minute...this may actually work in my favor. But I digress.

I know she really doesn't want any of this disgusting "yellow" food because after she puts it in her mouth, and thoroughly chews, she hands it to me in a big slobbery mess and says, "all done". Oh the joys of motherhood. At least it's not a booger, right? Not yet anyway!

So what to do? Well, she likes all other fruits (today anyway) so we'll just go with that. I've been told by our pediatrician that at the age of 2 she'll desire only beige foods. BEIGE! That should be fun. So for now, I'll enjoy her colorful plate and wait for the day where bread and mashed potatoes are the bomb diggity!

Peace and love,

~S

No comments:

Post a Comment